POST 39 QUEEN OF HEARTS—RULES OF THE GAME as of 11/21/2017
- To be eligible to play, you must be a current card carrying member in good standing of any American Legion, Sons of the American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary or Canadian Legion. If your name is chosen, you must present your membership card prior to drawing a card from the playing board. If you do not have your card or do not meet the above criteria then another name will be drawn. EXPIRED MEMBERSHIP CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED!!
- All raffle tickets are three (3) tickets for $5.00, with no limit on the number of tickets that may be purchased. Tickets can be purchased from Post 39 Bartender on duty or E-board committee member only. Tickets may be purchased immediately after the weekly drawing and up until 10 minutes prior to the next week drawing.
- There can be only one name per ticket. Write your name and telephone number legibly on the back of the ticket and return it to the bartender to be placed in the ticket drum. The other half of the ticket will be retained by the purchasing player for verification purposes. In the event you will not be present for the drawing, you may place the envelope number you wish to pick on the back of the ticket. If a player is not present and there is not a number on the chosen ticket, a card will be randomly drawn. Do not write nicknames or abbreviations.
- Each Monday (unless otherwise posted) at 7 PM, a name will be drawn from the tickets purchased that week. If you show up after 7 PM, and your name was announced 3 times, you will be considered not present. The Clubroom clock is the official clock. Drawings will not be held on holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas etc.) that fall on Monday and Thursday.
- The total prize Jackpot will continue to accumulate weekly until the QUEEN OF HEARTS is drawn. The Jackpot amount, based on 60% of ticket sales, will be updated every Monday and prominently displayed in the Lounge area.
- If your ticket is drawn, you get to choose a card (envelope). If the chosen card is the QUEEN OF HEARTS, the winner will receive 100% of the Jackpot. In the event you are not present, your name is drawn, and you are the QUEEN OF HEARTS winner, you will receive 50% of the Jackpot. The remaining 50% will be used as the starting amount for the next game. The LUCKY person who draws the QUEEN OF HEARTS will receive $200.00 cash and the remaining amount of the JACKPOT will be received by check from the Post 39 checking account.
- If the QUEEN OF HEARTS is not drawn, the winning payouts are as follows: JOKERS $200, ACES $100, FACE CARDS $50, all other cards are $25.00. If you are not present for the drawing you will receive only half the amount and the other half will remain in the Jackpot. In all cases, valid membership will be verified before payment of any prize money.
- The QUEEN OF HEARTS game board will be seeded (cards placed in envelopes) by at least two members of the Post 39 E-board. These two members will not be eligible to participate in the game. They will be eligible participate in the next game.
- Once a card is selected, it will be removed from play and shown face up on the board. Each week after the drawing, all tickets for that week’s drawing will be destroyed.
- The QUEEN OF HEARTS game board will be displayed in Post 39 lounge. It will be locked at all times except for the drawing.
- All winning players are responsible for any and all taxes. A W2-G will be issued for prizes over $1500 NO prize over $1500 will be paid until the W2-G information is completely filed out. If a player is unwilling or unable to provide W2-G information, $1500 will go to the winner and the remaining prize will revert to Post 39.
CAN YOU FIND HER???